Dr Susan M Lord, BMed(Hons), PhD, FANZCA, FFPMANZCA
Senior Staff Specialist, Children's Complex Pain Service, John Hunter Children's Hospital, Newcastle, NSW.
Conjoint Senior Lecturer, School of Medicine and Population Health, Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, NSW.
Ms Joy Burdack
Pain Management and Medication Safety Clinical Nurse Consultant, Anaesthetic and Pain Medicine Department, Calvary Health Care, ACT.
Dr Meredith Craigie, FANZCA, FFPMANZCA
Pain Management Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Paediatric Pain Management Clinic, Flinders Medical Centre.
Clinical Senior Lecturer, Flinders University, SA.
Dr Ross Drake, FRACP, FFPMANZCA
Clinical Lead, Paediatric Palliative Care and Complex Pain Services.
Paediatric Palliative Care and Pain Medicine Specialist, Starship Children’s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand.
Dr Milana Votrubec MB BS MA MM ME USyd FRACGP FFPMANZCA
General Practitioner and Pain Management Consultant, Sydney
Senior Clinical Tutor, Universities of Sydney and Notre Dame, NSW
GP Editor of the publication Pain Management Today
Dr Aston Wan MBBCh, MA, GDMM, MClEpid, MPainMed, MHeadacheMed, PCertMedEd, AFRACMA, FFPMANZCA
Director and Specialist Pain Physician
Senior Lecturer, University of Queensland
Persistent Pain Service, Division of Rehabilitation
Princess Alexandra Hospital, QLD
Susan Owen PhD
On completing this activity, participants should be able to:
- Understand the developmental physiology of pain in childhood.
- Understand the consequences of pain during development from premature infants to adolescents.
- Understand the wider influence of family and friends (peers) when working with children.
- Know how to assess pain in children at any developmental stage.
- Know how to prevent and/or manage acute pain and common episodic or recurrent pain problems in childhood.
- Recognise complex and persistent (chronic) pain occurs in children.