Dr Marc Russo MBBS, DA (UK), FANZCA, FFPMANZCA
Director, Hunter Pain Clinic, Hamilton Day Surgery, Hunter Clinical Research. Co-Director, Innervate Pain Management Program, Newcastle, NSW.
Dr Diarmuid McCoy MB BCh, BAO (NUI), FFARCSI, FFPMANZCA, FANZCA, FFPMCAI
Specialist Pain Medicine Physician.
University Hospital Geelong.
Epworth Hospital, Geelong, Vic.
Director, Pain Matrix, Geelong, Vic.
Dr Geoff Speldewinde FAFRM(RACP), FFPMANZCA
Director, Capital Pain and Rehabilitation Clinic, Canberra, ACT.
President, Australian Pain Society 2015-2017.
Associate Professor Andrew Zacest MBBS, MS, FRACS, FFPMANZCA
Consultant Neurosurgeon, Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Clinical Associate Professor, University of Adelaide, SA.
Ms Jacqueline Hunt BNurs, MScMed (Pain Mgt)
Clinical Nurse Consultant, Barwon Health Pain Management Unit.
University Hospital Geelong, Vic.
Member of the Australian Pain Society.
Dr Milana Votrubec MB BS MA MM ME USyd FRACGP FFPMANZCA
General Practitioner and Pain Management Consultant, Sydney, NSW.
Senior Clinical Tutor, Universities of Sydney and Notre Dame.
GP Editor of the publication Pain Management Today.
Dr Aston Wan MBBCh, MA, GDMM, MClEpid, MPainMed, MHeadacheMed, PCertMedEd, AFRACMA, FFPMANZCA
Director and Specialist Pain Physician.
Senior Lecturer, University of Queensland.
Persistent Pain Service, Division of Rehabilitation.
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Qld.
Karyn Weitzner, PhD
On completing this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the indications for interventional procedures commonly used for the diagnosis and treatment of chronic non-cancer pain.
- Demonstrate awareness of levels of evidence for these procedures and different recommendations from different learned societies.
- Understand basic techniques used in applying these procedures.
- Discuss how to incorporate appropriate interventional procedures into the comprehensive management of chronic non-cancer pain.
- Explain the limitations of efficacy, the limited duration of effect and why (where relevant), availability of repeat procedures, and common complications of interventional procedures commonly used for the treatment of chronic non-cancer pain.
- Acquire skills for informing patients about those procedures, and managing patient expectations of their efficacy.